As of 4th July 2020, we are once more able to welcome guests to The Pottery. This is clearly good news for all of us, but we have been forced to make some compromises in the facilities we offer, and also take extra care in managing the changeover between guests.
In the apartment
- All non-essential fixtures, articles and equipment have been removed until further notice. Unfortunately this includes the CDs, DVDs, books etc that are available for guests’ use (I’m afraid this includes the hairdrier!) Guests are therefore asked to anticipate what equipment, media etc they may need and bring them along.
- Laundry changeover now includes all mattress and pillow protectors as well as the usual laundry.
- Guests are requested to use the dishwasher in preference to washing up by hand, in particular when leaving the apartment. Extra dishwasher tablets are provided.
- Anti-bacterial gel is provided.
- Our Changeover team carry out a thorough anti-bacterial clean of the apartment, with particular attention to the bathrooms and kitchen.
- As this takes longer at each of the properties they service, we have regrettably been forced to request that guests plan to arrive at 6pm rather than the usual 3pm, and to leave by 9am rather than 10am. There may be flexibility in these times on specific days with the agreement of the team and their schedule.
- The team are, of course monitoring their own health for signs of infection and will take immediate action as required.
- You do not need to interact directly with any of our staff as keys are made available in a keysafe – we do not routinely greet guests in person
Outside the apartment life is returning to Dartmouth. As a region very dependent on the goodwill and wellbeing of visitors, and also a region with a relatively low incidence of COVID cases, Dartmouth is taking a cautious approach. The Discover Dartmouth website has extensive information on the businesses operating again, and under what restrictions. see here
The continued uncertainty is killing local and national and local economies and we aim to work with guests and all agencies to beat the virus.
We do ask that you let us know if you or your family test positive for Corona virus within 2 weeks of leaving the apartment – whether you inadvertently bring infection from home or pick it up in Dartmouth during your stay, we need to know so that we can play our part in fighting it.
Thank you for your help and understanding.